Today marks two years since he departed from us. We miss him dearly. He was too young and too vibrant to go.
Everyday that Luna grows I grieve not having him with us. He would have loved her to bits. They would have got on famously and been a fantastic pair. Though I can share Dad with Luna through my stories, its hard to not see the relationship that would have developed in real time.
I miss him. He was a good man and a good father. Today I honor his spirit and his courage.
I found this Pueblo Prayer and it made me cry and feel hope at the same time. I think he would have liked it.
Hold on to what is good,
even if it's a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe,
even if it's a tree that stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do,
even if it's a long way from here.
Hold on to your life,
even if it's easier to let go.
Hold on to my hand,
Even if I've gone away from you.
Love you Dad. Miss you still.

No comments:
Post a Comment